Byron Bay Chilli Co Stuffed Chicken Breasts Ingredients
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or processed Byron Bay Cornchips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 boneless chicken breast fillets, skinned
Choice of 2 fillings:
- 1 cup chopped fresh or pickled jalapeno chillis (spicy) or 250g roasted red capsicum (mild)
- 125g havarti, jack or cheddar cheesecut into 8 strips
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- a few sprigs coriander
- In a shallow pan, combine bread or cornchip crumbs, Parmesan cheese,
spices, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
With a mallet, pound breasts until each is about 6 mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- Lay a piece of cheese and your choice of capsicum or chillis across the width
of each breast. Fold in sides so they overlap and seal in filling; fold ends over top. Dip each chicken bundle in melted butter and drain briefly. Then roll in crumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Place bundles seam side down, without touching, in a baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered in a hot oven (200 C/400F) for 25 minutes (or until chicken is
no longer pink when slashed with a knife).
- Spoon salsa over each breast. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and coriander.
- Serve with seasoned rice of your choice and a green salad.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Ninja Makes an Outdoor Grill Now? Yes. Yes, They Do - 09/21/2022
- Wright Brand Celebrates 100 Years of Bacon - 09/14/2022
- White Castle Bumps Up 1921 Slider Line-Up - 09/07/2022