Byron Bay Chilli Co gave us this recipe for a killer coconut chicken satay. If you’re big on skewers with your summer grilling, you’ll definitely want to add this recipe to your backyard chef’s arsenal.
Coconut Chicken Satay Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1 cup Byron Bay Chilli Company Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- 2 ½ cups long grain rice
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ teaspoons tumeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in large pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- ½ bunch green onions
- Coriander sprigs
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and stir in coriander. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers and grill or broil, brushing with Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce several times on each side. Skewers are done when the chicken is cooked and the sauce begins to caramelize and chicken becomes slightly crispy on the edges.
- Blend all ingredients for macadamia sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
- To cook the rice, place all ingredients (except peas and green onions) into a large pot. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and turn low to simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove lemongrass from rice. Slice green onions on the diagonal and stir in rice along with peas.
- Mound rice on a serving platter and place chicken satay on top.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023