The combination of sharp mustard and rich, mellow pure maple syrup creates a unique flavor for these juicy bone-in pork chops. Be sure not to overcook the chops or they will become tough and chewy. Use an instant-read thermometer for perfectly cooked chops. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
Mustard Pork Chops Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) bone-in pork chops, trimmed
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, and black pepper. Mix together well.
- Arrange the chops in a shallow casserole dish. Spread the mustard mixture over the chops and marinade, refrigerated and covered, at least four hours, turning often. Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade. Season chops to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill for medium high direct cooking and grill the chops six to eight minutes per side or to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F. Tent with foil and keep warm in a low oven until service.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Pumpkin Hot Sauce (Yedubba We’t) - 06/09/2021
- Grilled Steak Kebabs - 05/26/2021
- Shad Roe with Green Chile and Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 05/24/2021