The flavor of this Curried Coconut Rice Salad by Byron Bay Chilli Co improves with age. Try to prepare it 24 hours in advance. Slice fruit and arrange salad just before serving. Add cubed chicken or small cooked prawns. To make it extra hot add some drops of the BBCC Habanero Chilli Sauce. Try chilli and lime skewered prawns (main meals) with this salad.
Curried Coconut Rice Salad Ingredients
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup vegetable or macadamia oil
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup frozen baby peas (defrosted, uncooked)
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- salad greens
- coriander sprigs
- sliced fresh pineapple
- sliced pawpaw
- sliced kiwi fruit
Bring stock to a boil in a large pot. Stir in rice, curry powder and turmeric. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly with lid removed.
Transfer rice to a bowl, stir in oil and juice. Refrigerate several hours until rice is cool. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt and chilli sauce. Gently stir into rice along with onions, sultanas, peas, almonds, ginger and chopped coriander. Season to taste with salt.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop. Serve individual portions on salad greens, top with coriander sprigs and garnish on the side with sliced pineapple, pawpaw and kiwi fruit.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Giblet and Smoked Oyster Stuffing - 09/20/2021
- Moroccan Vegetables with Couscous | Byron Bay Chilli Co - 09/17/2021
- Grilled Oysters with Spicy Mignonette Sauce - 09/15/2021