Byron Bay’s Smokin’ Chilli Mullumbimby brings mango hot sauce to bear in this version of the spicy heaven we know and love as chilli. They recommend serving it in individual bowls with a selection of condiments to spoon on top: sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped red onions, sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh chillies, pickled sliced jalapeno chillies, chopped coriander, and lime wedges. Or just spoon chilli into hot flour tortillas along with any of the above condiments for burrito filling. Chilli can also be served over hot rice. And if you don’t want to bother with all of those extra steps, just shovel it into your gaping maw like the barbarian you are. We get it.
Smokin’ Chilli Mullumbimby Ingredients
- 1kg lean beef or pork
- vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250ml BBCC Smokin’ Mango Chilli Sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- Cut meat into bite-sized cubes. Brown in hot oil. Add onion and garlic and continue to cook at medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Turn heat to a low simmer, add chilli sauce and broth. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Add water as needed.
- Salt to taste. Meat becomes more tender the longer it cooks.
- Also works well in a slow cooker, turned low and left for hours.
Photo by Nelly LeComte
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- UNLIMEAT Plant-based Jerky Begins Crowdfunding on Kickstarter - 05/12/2022
- Chunky Tunisian Fish Soup - 04/22/2022
- Pizza Popularity Soars - 04/08/2022