Chilli Prawns Ingredients
- 10 fresh red chillis such as serranos
- 1/2 pound large prawns or substitute Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman preferred)
- Trim the heads of the prawns by removing the feelers but leave the heads on. Wash the prawns and pat dry.
- In a food processor, puree the chillis and garlic together to make a rough paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and when it smokes, add the chilli-garlic paste and stir fry until fragrant. Add the prawns and stir fry until the shells turn red, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir fry until well-mixed, about 1 minute. Serve with hot steamed rice.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023