Horseradish is certainly not limited to prime rib, as evidenced by this avocado sauce recipe. According to Ron Smith of Smith and Smith, this is a great sauce to use both hot and cold.
Use it heated over eggs, steak, and vegetables, or cold as a sandwich spread, or a dip for chips or veggies.
Atomic Avocado Sauce Ingredients
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Atomic Horseradish or similar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and blend until the mixture is very creamy.
- Serve either hot or cold.
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023