These Gumbo Nachos by @firehousegrub are full of incredible flavor and the perfect tailgating treat thanks to the combinations of the Holy Trinity, sausage, shrimp, crawfish, Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning and lots of cheese.
Gumbo Nachos Ingredients
- 10-12 cups tortilla chips
- Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning, to taste
- 12 ounces andouille Sausage
- 12 ounces crawfish tails
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- green onion for topping
- parsley for topping
- Prepare vegetables and sausage. Dice the onion. Deseed and dice one jalapeño. Dice the bell pepper. Slice and dice the celery. Slice the sausage.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and melt a couple of tablespoons of butter. Start by cooking the sausage, onion and jalapeño. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the bell pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and add the celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, then season everything with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning, to taste. Remove the skillet from heat.
- In another skillet, melt a couple more tablespoons of butter and add shrimp. Season to taste with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a third skillet and cook crawfish. Season to taste with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning and cook for 4-5 minutes until done, then remove from heat.
- Combine the shrimp and crawfish into the sausage and veggie mixture.
- Assemble the nachos with layers of chips, cheese and gumbo mixture until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake nachos at 375°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with sliced jalapeños, chopped green onion and chopped parsley.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023