These butterflied, basted and grilled prawns are a sizzling sensation from South Africa. Serve with rice and a Green Mango Salad, and make sure there are plenty of lime wedges.
Captetown Curry Capsicum Prawns Ingredients
- 24 to 32 large prawns in shells
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Malawi Curry Powder
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- Lime wedges for squeezing
- Slit the prawns down their backs, de-vein and place shells down on grilling tray. Heat the oven griller
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Brush the mixture over the prawns. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked, then transfer the prawns to a warm serving platter.
- Pour the remaining basting mixture into the grilling tray, add the cream and cook on the stovetop until the sauce thickens to the correct consistency. Check the flavor and adjust if necessary. Pour the sauce over the prawns or offer it separately in small serving bowls.
Photo by Valeria Boltneva via Pexels.