This quick and easy basic salad can be changed by using a different salsa to dress the noodles. Try a commercial peanut-based salsa and if your salsa is too thick, thin with a little oil or vinegar.
Noodle and Shrimp Salad with Oriental Cucumber Salsa Ingredients
For the Salad:
• 2 cups cooked vermicelli or Chinese noodles
• ½ cup cooked shrimp
• 1 recipe Cucumber Relish (see recipe below)
• 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
• Chopped fresh cilantro
For the Relish:
• 3 serrano or Thai green chiles, stems removed, minced
• 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely diced
• 1/4 cup shredded carrots
• 4 green onions, chopped, including the tops
• 2 tablespoons vinegar
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• ½ teaspoon sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients for the relish and allow to sit for at least an hour to blend the flavors.
- Toss the noodles with the shrimp and cucumber relish. Garnish with the peanuts and cilantro and serve.