One thing I love to do at the Fiery Foods Show is prowl the floor looking for new ways to combine products. This Spicy Chocolate Frappe is the best result I’ve ever had.
It’s a frozen spicy red wine concoction teaming Nectar of the Vine’s Natural Chocolate Martini Frappe mix with CaJohn’s Frostbite Hot Sauce and Sweet & Saucy’s Chipotle Chile Fudge. All three are very tasty in their own rights. When I spliced them together, though, the results were better than I expected.
I plan on playing around with them some more, especially CaJohn’s Frostbite. Because it doesn’t have a tomato base, it’s a mixologist’s game changer; you can mix it with just about any booze drink that goes good with extra fire. I’ll probably try a spicy whiskey lemonade later this summer. Until then, here’s the Spicy Chocolate Frappe.
- 1 pouch Nectar of the Vine Chocolate Martini Frappe mix
- 3 tablespoons CaJohn’s Frostbite Hot Sauce (you can use more; no more than 6)
- 2 tablespoons Sweet & Saucy Chipotle Chile Fudge
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 750 ml water
- 1 packet Dr. Oetker’s Instant Chocolate Mousse mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup clean fresh raspberries
- Mix the frappe mix, wine, water, and Frostbite in a 2 quart pitcher. Freeze it for at least 3-4 hours. Let it thaw for 20-30 minutes.
- While the wine mixture is thawing, combine the raspberries, Dr. Oetker’s, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix it with an electric mixer per the instructions on the box.
- Spoon the mousse into one corner of a Ziplock bag.
- Spread the fudge in ring shape on a saucer. The ring should be the same width as your wine glasses. Gently roll the lip of the glass in a circle in the ring to pick up enough of the fudge.
- Fill the glass with the frappe mixture.
- Cut a small hole in one corner of the ziplock bag. Squeeze mousse through the hole and into the glass over the frappe.
- Top the mousse with three raspberries and serve (optional).
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Yelemecam Sadam (Lime Rice) - 04/14/2021
- Increasing Pepper Yield in Your Garden - 04/13/2021
- Spicy Chicken Salad with Macadamias | Byron Bay Chilli Co - 04/08/2021