Usually when someone writes “seduction” and “jerk” in the same sentence, they’re either referring to some jackass who broke their heart, or a date with a bottle of lotion. Not when it comes to the sweet awesome that is Pirate Johnny’s Syrena’s Seduction Jamaican Jerk Hot Sauce, though. It’s a Jamaican-inspired sweet heat that’s long on island flavor with a mild to moderate burn.
Not only that, it was Pirate Johnny’s first attempt at creating a hot sauce. I’ve talked about the company’s spice rubs before. This sauce is my favorite of their products (so far). It surfs the knife’s edge between sweet and heat like a pro; balance is key to the best sauces and rubs. Pirate Johnny’s bull’s eyed the mark with Syrena’s Seduction in my opinion.
It definitely works magic with pork, poultry, or fish. I don’t think it plays well with red meat, although that’s a hunch. I’m going to try it with hot wings next. This test flight, I put Syrena through her paces on andouille sausage burgers with bacon, grilled pineapple, and mango.
- (x4) 1/4 lb andouille pork sausage patties
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 pineapple rings
- 12 slices of mango (chopped)
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Pirate Johnny’s Syrena’s Seduction Jamaican Jerk Hot Sauce
- Heat your grill to medium-high
- Place the patties, bacon, and pineapple slices on the grill. Cover them.
- Flip after 4-5 minutes. Cover again.
- Remove the pineapple, bacon, and sausage.
- Chop the pineapple and mix it with the mango.
- Grill the buns for 30 seconds.
- Remove the buns. Slide the burgers onto them. Pour on the Syrena’s Seduction. I used about a tablespoon per burger. Top the patties with the fruit mixture and serve.