The marinade suggested in this Ceia de Natal recipe is indigenous to Brazil in that it utilizes one of Brazil’s great ingredients, Cachaça, made famous around the world in the sweet taste of the Caipirinha, one of Latin America’s most popular alcoholic beverages. Balanced with the tart taste of lime juice and zest, this marinade is versatile and is the first step to making your holiday turkey. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 2 cups Cachaca or light rum
- 2 medium onions diced
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Place the 12-pound turkey in a roasting bag and cover it with the marinade. Close the bag so that it has no air pockets, and let the turkey marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook per the instructions included with the turkey.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023