Here’s another mulled cider that contains two chiles, the mild ancho and the hot habanero. The ancho adds the raisiny overtones while the habanero supplies an additional fruity heat. Serve this cider in large mugs around a roaring fire in the winter.
- Combine the cider, ancho chile strips, and cranberry juice cocktail in a large bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. Transfer to a large saucepan, add the cloves, cinamon stick, and habanero chile and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, strain, and pour into mugs. Sprinkle some ground nutmeg or allspice over each mug.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023