A favorite of Indian cooks, these pastries are a popular teatime snack in Singapore and Malaysia. They also make a fabulous appetizer!
For the Pastries
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw to room temperature.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion until browned. Add the ginger and continue to sauté for a couple of minutes. Mix the curry powder and turmeric with enough water to make a wet paste, and add it to the onion mixture. Sauté for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chiles, tomato, chicken, and potatoes, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble, roll out the pastry to about 1/8" and cut into 3 ½-inch circles. Brush the edges with milk, add a tablespoon of the curry filling, fold the edges closed and crimp decoratively with a fork. Brush the pastries with the egg wash.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until the curry puffs are golden brown and puffed. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023