Our Devil Curry recipe from the Fiery Foods & Barbecue Central article Spicy Singapore.
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 1-inch piece julienned ginger
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 4-6 large chopped onions
- 4 cloves chopped ginger
- 5 tsp chile paste
- 4 each tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp galangal powder
- 3 lbs coconuts, drained, liquid reserved, and cut in half
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 each potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 each pork sausages, halved
- 1 each cucumber, cored and cut into large pieces
- 3 each green chiles
- 1/4 lb red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 each juice form 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a pot large enough for the stew ingredients. Fry the ginger strips until browned, then remove them from the pot.
- Fry the mustard seeds until they pop. Add the onion and garlic, followed by the chile paste and tomatoes, then the shrimp paste and powdered spices.
- When the spices are fragrant, brown the chicken pieces. Add water to just cover the meat, season with salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and sausages and turn down fire to simmer until chicken is tender. Finally add the cucumber, green chiles and roast pork, if using. Leave for a while for flavors to mature and squeeze in lemon juice just before serving.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023