Here’s a great use for that turkey stock you know you’re going to make from those Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers. You can substitute any other vegetables you like for these.
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk Finely chopped walnuts for garnish
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 cups turkey broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups half and half, heated
- 1 1/2 cups turkey meat, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, cooked and chopped
- habanero sauce to taste
- In a saucepan, saute the carrot, onion, and celery in the butter until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the broth gradually, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth. Add the bay leaf, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, then remove the leaf.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023