This is a simple but classic method of preparing any firm, white-fleshed fish in the Philippines. To make the coconut vinegar, soak 2 tablespoons of grated coconut in 1/4 cup white vinegar for 30 minutes. You can use a fish basket on the grill so the fillets don’t stick. Serve with an Asian hot sauce as described above. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 small chilli, such as serrano, seeds and stems removed, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fish fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, coconut vinegar, chilli, and salt and pepper and mix well. Reserve some of the marinade for basting. Place the fish fillets in a shallow bowl and pour the marinade over them. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil and grill the fillets over medium-hot flames for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill, top with the reserved marinade, and serve immediately.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Andalusian Mixed Paella - 10/12/2021
- Alaska Salmon with Copper River BBQ Sauce - 10/11/2021
- Butternut/ Pumpkin Roast with Chickpeas and Lentils - 10/06/2021