Just a great salsa! Serrano peppers give it a very steady heat level.
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded & diced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Andalusian Mixed Paella - 10/12/2021
- Alaska Salmon with Copper River BBQ Sauce - 10/11/2021
- Butternut/ Pumpkin Roast with Chickpeas and Lentils - 10/06/2021