I was served what the Anguillans call crayfish, but they’re considerably larger than the Louisiana kind yet smaller than a spiny lobster. Don’t ask me their scientific name. Substitute large lobster tails for them if they don’t live in your neighborhood. The wet rub or marinate is from Dale Carty at Tasty’s and it’s quite unique. The yield is about 1 cup.
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 1/2 inch long piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Scotch bonnet or habanero hot sauce
- 2 large lobster tails, removed from the shell
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredient for the rub. Add the lobster tails to the rub and coat well. Marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes a side, turning once. You will have to re-coat the tails with the rub when they are on the grill.