First rubbed with Red Chile Rub, then topped with a sweet mango salsa, these scallops are like yin and yang, a perfect balance between cool and spicy. When served, the scallops should look like they have been dusted with confetti, so when making the salsa, be sure to finely dice all of the vegetables.
Red Chile Scallops with Cool Mango-Mint Salsa Ingredients
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt\
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Scallops and Rub
- 1 pound large sea scallops (12)
- 2 tablespoons Red Chile Rub (see recipe)
- Preheat your grill for high heat (500F) and prepare it for direct cooking.
- Using a wooden spoon, combine the mango, bell pepper, red onion, scallions, mint, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Season the scallops generously with the chile rub and place on the Grid. Close the lid of the EGG and grill the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and lightly cooked. Transfer the scallops to a platter.
- To assemble the dish, place 3 scallops on each plate and top with 1/4 cup of the salsa. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Andalusian Mixed Paella - 10/12/2021
- Alaska Salmon with Copper River BBQ Sauce - 10/11/2021
- Butternut/ Pumpkin Roast with Chickpeas and Lentils - 10/06/2021