Using frozen puff pastry makes short work of these delicate pastries. These are best when served immediately but can be filled in advance and refrigerated until serving time. You can also thaw the puff pastry in advance by putting it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. On a floured board, roll out the puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Cut into 16 (3-inch) squares. In a small bowl, mix the apricot preserves with the almonds and cinnamon.
- Top each square with a heaping tsp. of the apricot mixture. Fold the squares into half to form triangles. Brush the edges of the triangles with water and press the edges together with the tines of a fork. Place the triangles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the empanaditas for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and dust with cinnamon or powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023