This recipe is a variation on spiced vodkas but with chilied tequila. It uses Mexican spices and can be put in any drink recipe requiring tequila, or downed straight. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 1 liter white tequila
- 10 coriander seeds
- 10 chile piquins or chiltepins
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 2 long lime peels
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chile piquin powder
- 1/2 lime
- Open the bottle of tequila and add the coriander seeds, chiltepins, peppercorns, cilantro, and lime peels. Close the bottle and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight
- Combine the salt and chile piquín powder in a shallow bowl and mix.
- To serve, pass the lime over the rims of shot glasses, dip the glasses in the salt mixture, and pour in the chilled and chilied tequila.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023