This condiment can be used for a stew of poultry or pork meat.
- 2-3 chiles guajillos and/or de árbol blackened on a griddle
- 1/2 onion blackened on a griddle
- 2 cloves garlic blackened on a griddle
- 1 sprig epazote or cilantro toastedon a griddle
- 4 black peppercorns toasted on a griddle
- 1 pinch cumin toasted on a griddle
- 1 pinch oregano toasted on a griddle
- 4 corn tortillas flame burnt
- vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Servings: paste for 1 lb meat
- Soak the chiles in water for 10 minutes to remove their sour burnt flavor.
- Mix and grind all ingredients to a paste using 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil. Rub the meat and let it rest overnight. Cook the meat slow the following day.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023