This smoked burger with gouda and mushrooms guinea pigged for our Mesquite Gourmet review of The SmokeStack. It would be fine without it but the hint of smokiness added a welcome layer to the flavor profile.
For the Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- black pepper to taste
For the Burgers
- Preheat your grill for medium-high cooking. Note that you'll need it to be at least 300 F for use with The SmokeStack.
- Sautee the mushroom and onion mixture over low heat until the onions are clear, stirring often. Turn off the burner but leave the mixture on it with a lid to keep it warm.
- Fill The SmokeStack tin and place it on the heat source of your grill. Close the grill's lid, wait 4-8 minutes, and then add the patties to the grill.
- Grill the beef patties for 4-5 minutes. Flip them, then add the cheese to each one. Close the lid and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Move the patties to the cool part of the grill, then grill the buns for 30-60 seconds, lid closed.
- Assemble the completed burgers, adding lettuce and tomato if you like. Note: If I hear you've put steak sauce on these things, I will hunt you down. Just kidding. Maybe.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023