If your Thanksgiving get together is on the small side, you may not want an entire turkey. Even if you do plan on going whole bird, this is really tasty, spicy way to prep the legs. Henry the VIII would love it.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 jalapeño chiles, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatillos
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 small turkey legs
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding some water, if necessary, to make a smooth sauce.
- Bring the turkey to room temperature and, gently loosen the skin without tearing, brush the sauce over the legs and under the skin, reserving any remaining sauce. Allow the turkey to sit at room temperature for an hour.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- FoodToons Secret Ingredients - 09/14/2019
- Hot News Sept 12 2019 Edition - 09/12/2019
- Winter Squash and Apple Chowder with Red Chile–Dusted Croutons - 09/10/2019