This spicy papaya salad recipe is the Thai equivalent to American coleslaw. It’s got a similar crunch, a similar freshness, but a lot of spice. Enjoy it on its own as a meal or along with your favorite curry.
Spicy Papaya Salad Ingredients
- 1 green papaya, peeled, seeded, and shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 ripe tomato or 5-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 seeded and chopped Thai bird chili, jalapeño pepper, or fresh cayenne pepper
- The juice of 1-2 limes, preferably key limes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, thinly sliced
- Add all of the ingredients into a large serving bowl, toss, and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Serve topped with crushed peanuts and fresh garlic slices.