Fall sports mean fall grilling and adobo pork chops (or chicken breasts) are a flavorful alternative to hot wings. Nothing against you, hot wings, but sometimes we need to take a break and see other foods. Admit it, hot wings, things have been getting a little dull and we need to spice them up. It’s not you, it’s me.
This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe originally printed in the Officers’ Wives Club Cookbook from Clark AFB in the Philippines. This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 2 10 ounch pork chops 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- Coarse kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin ground
- 1/4 tsp allspice ground
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Trim most of the fat from the pork chops and score the remaining fat. Place the chops in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Squeeze the air out of the bag and marinate the chops, refrigerated, at least four hours or up to eight hours.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and pat dry. Discard the marinade. Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct cooking. Place the chops on the grill and cook, covered, about six minutes per side or to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the chops from the grill and bring into the kitchen. Tent with foil and allow the chops to rest for five minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023