Sizzlin’ Sauces’ Mojo’s Tapenade blends Kalamata olives with sun dried tomatoes into a great spread that goes wonderfully with not just French bread but also burgers and dogs. If you want something sweeter, try the Razing Cane Garlic Relish. It’s sweet, sour, and has just a hint of habanero. Recently, Mark Masker snuck some of each into the Italian sausage sandwiches he was grilling up before a game for some friends and they loved it.
- Heat your grill to medium high.
- Gut the peppers, cut it them half, and place it and the sausages on the grate, close the lid, and turn the sausages in three to five minutes.
- Close the lid and repeat the process until done.
- You'll want to turn the pepper halves once their color goes to a more olive green.
- Once the peppers and sausage are done, remove them and slice the pepper halves into thirds.
- Drizzle the cut open rolls with a little olive oil.
- Spread either the tapenade or the garlic spread on each and place a sausage in the roll, then top it with gorgonzola cheese.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023