The California Strawberry Advisory Board says that ninety percent of Americans eat strawberries. The rest of us are either allergic or lazy. One of those groups I can understand but the other? Dammit, folks, fight through the pain, swelling, and hit the epi pen. Show those airways who’s boss. Or don’t risk asphyxiation due to food borne illness and live a nice, long, enjoyable life. Your call.
All joking aside, strawberries are a healthy snack with a great deal of vitamin C. They’re also a very spring- and summer-oriented food to chow down on. Here’s one spicy way to enjoy them by the grill. For more spicy spring recipe ideas, check this out.
- 6 cups strawberries halved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chile-infused tequila (or soak crushed piquin chiles in tequila for a few hours and strain)
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine the strawberries, orange juice, tequila, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and toss well. Cover and chill for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Spoon the mixture into 6 small glass bowls and garnish with the mint sprigs.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023