This creamy sauce delivers a double punch, from the horseradish and the habanero chile. Serve it as an accompaniment to grilled salmon, poached fish, prime rib, or even corned beef. Horseradish is very volatile and loses its flavor and aroma quickly, so this sauce should be made just before serving.
Fiery Horseradish Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons habanero pulp
- Combine the sour cream, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl and beat until stiff. The cream will become very thin just before it starts to peak.
- Stir in horseradish and habanero pulp and serve.
Photo by Malidate Van via Pexels.
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023