This recipe uses a lot of cheese, but it’s worth it. It is a very attractive ball for a party. Serve with a variety of crackers. Feel free to use chile cheddar and chile cream cheese to make this cheese ball hotter.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar, sharp cheddar and Pepper Jack cheeses, onion powder, garlic powder, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate mixture 1 hour.
- Shape the mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in chopped pecans.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023